How to reach Split
Split Airport “Resnik” (SPU) is about 20 km west from Split, near the city of Trogir. Split Airport is connected b direct flights with Zagreb, Frankfurt, Munchen, Wienna, Rome, Beograd, Anconaand other destinations.
There are numerous car rentals and taxies right at the airport.
Airport shuttle buses run from the terminal to the main bus station right in the city center, just a few minutes walk from the port and from the old town. A single bus ticket from the airport to Split costs 30 kn (subject to change). From the main bus station there is a short walk to the local bus station where you can catch a bus to the Faculty of Economics (bus numbers 18 or 11).
You can reach the city of Split:
- from north - by highway A1 “Zagreb-Split” (this is the easiest and quickest way).
- using the road through inland Croatia (Zagreb - Karlovac - National Park “Plitvicka jezera” - Knin - Sinj - Split).
- from west - traveling along the Adriatic coast from the north Adriatic (Rijeka - Zadar - Šibenik - Split).
- from east/souteast - traveling along the Adriatic coast from the south Adriatic (Dubrovnik - Ploče - Makarska - Split).
- from east/northteast - traveling from Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo - Mostar - Vrgorac - Split).
- or other roads if coming from other directions.
Documents: In order to enter Croatia you will need a valid driving license and a green insurance card.
Tolls: are payable on motorways in Croatia.
Rules of the road: In Croatia traffic drives on the right. Unless there are road signs indicating otherwise, the speed limit is 130 km/h on motorways and part-motorways, 110 km/h on dual carriageways, 50 km/h in residential areas and 80 km/h outside residential areas.
Directions to the Faculty:
- When approaching from any direction, follow the traffic signs for ferry, train station, bus station and hospital. The signs will lead you to one of the main roads in the City of Split called "Poljička cesta".
- When you enter "Poljička cesta", drive straight ahead.
- Turn right at the second street light into the street „Velebitska ulica“.
- At the first next street light turn left into the street „Ulica Matice hrvatske“.
- At the first next street light turn right into the street called “Cvite Fiskovića”
- The Faculty of Economics will be at the top of that road.
For more detailed referral, follow the following map: